Monday, July 4, 2011

The Power of Manners

After waking up at 12 this morning, I have decided to take another day to attempt the change on my sleeping cycle (i.e., not sleep). I really need this time to work, because even though I can totlerate not sleeping better than you, all this wonky sleeping/not sleeping cannot be good for anyone. I'm also not sure if this lack of sleep is exacerbating the feelings of stress. Little things that I should be able to handle, like being nagged to clean my room faster, aren't very easy to handle. Also, when I am sitting or bending down or kneeling, and I get up, my head feels funny.

Anyways, Happy Fourth of July!

I know we sort of agreed to document any amusing/unusual occurances that we run across, so here's one:

We'd just finished watching fireworks, and us and a bunch of other people were standing on the sidewalk waiting to cross the street. A truck with about three teenaged guys is driving by slowly, and the passenger is holding onto a speaker sort of thing (I can't remember the term, but it's the kind of handheld device that's linked to the car by a curly wire, the kind that police officers in movies hold to their mouths and say things like "ten-four")

Guy: Happy Fourth, everyone! Wave for the Fourth of July!

Everyone (pedestrians): *stare*

Guy: (repeats)

Me: *wave*

Guy: Yeeaaaahhh, wave for the Fourth of July!

Pedestrians: *deadpan staring*

Guy: Wave if you're a patriot!

Pedestrians: *amused silence*

Guy: ...please?

Pedestrians: *tentative waves* *more waves*

Guy: Yeaaaahhh

*car begins to drive off*

Guy: Haaappy Fourth Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment