Tuesday, July 5, 2011

If My House Had an MRI I Might Prove I Self-Inflicted Irreversible Brain Damage

Today was an interesting day. I spent most of the wee morning hours photoshopping pictures, changing peoples' faces to try to make them look different, but still human. I had a purpose for this, but I don't remember it.

Later that morning, at about 7, _ was getting ready for work and told me I was being ridiculous and told me to go take a nap, especially when I said I was vascillating between confusion and braindeadness (I actually said alternating, because I couldn't remember how to spell vascillating. I just remembered that it was a word, I hoped). I really wanted to be able to tough it out, so that I would definetely be able to sleep early, but it's hard to be stoic when you can't remember how to spell stoic, and you're stumbling across your uncleaned room and banging into walls because you know you're supposed to avoid them and walk in a straight line, but you don't really care because your limbs are flopping around the place and it's funny but you don't know why so you kind of half-giggle, and luckily there's no one in the hall.

I tried cleaning my room, but at some point I needed the vacuum cleaner, and I remembered that mom had taken it downstairs, so I had to go all the way down the stairs and up the stairs with the tubular apparatus, which is really light, but I almost died in my doorway. And then it didn't even work. I tried switching it on and off, and plugging it in in different ways, feeling my strength pour out as I walked the fifteen feet between my room and the nearest vacuum outlet.

I took a nap.

Apparently I slept through the two alarms I set before I crashed for 11:00 and 11:30 am, and the phone call that came two hours later. But I felt much better after that, enough so that I could probably pass a sobriety test and walk through my room without crashing into something. It still takes a little more time than usual to process the words that people speak at me, though. Ah, well. Maybe tomorrow.

Moral of the story: not sleeping in order to fix your sleepingness is not reasonable.

I don't really have to tell you this, though. I don't think that you would ever do this, and if you knew I had been doing this, you might have thought I was actually insane, instead of just endearingly so.

Dentist checkup tomorrow, so, at 11:50, I bid thee goodnight. (even though you're probably long asleep.)

No comments:

Post a Comment